Thursday, April 14, 2011

Evening of Hope Reflections

April always makes me reflect a little more than usual.  This photo was taken at our Evening of Hope Gala in Durham on April 1st and really captures a ton of emotion for me.  This is a photo of the in memory and in honor placards.

You see in the forefront of the photo the placard that honors All Lung Cancer Survivors.  In the background are other placards but one that you can see particularly well, is one in memory of Don Gill.  My daddy.

This photo makes me think of the past and the future.  He is the inspiration for this career choice...always in the background... but all the lung cancer survivors are the reason why I keep going and keep fighting for the cause.  These survivors are a rare thing to come by - and they are now my family and my friends -they continue to inspire me every day. I do this job so that there are more survivors.  I want to one day to have more survivor placards on this table than in memory placards.  We are getting there...  The Evening of Hope, by the way raised over $44,000!


Thank you to Anna Paschal Photography for taking beautiful photos of the Evening of Hope Durham!

No comments:

Post a Comment