Friday, February 5, 2010

Hobby, because Bo said so!

A few months ago Bo told me I needed to get a hobby.  I have a habit of turning my hobbies into work...volunteering w/ the NC Lung Cancer Partnership - now work.. (not that I don't love it, but it's no longer a hobby). He has baseball in the spring and has started a Jiu jitsu classes. SO I am taking my loving boyfriend's advice and finding a hobby. I thought about taking a class - cooking, photography, some artsy type class - and I still might but I have decided to try doing tile mosaics.  I got inspired by a table that my friend Ludi and her roommate were working on during my vacation to Reunion, so I figured, why not try.  Oh and, while I'm at it I thought I might as well blog about it. 

Here is my first attempt. I went to Bisque Art.  It was great, I picked out my piece and they provided the tile, glue and sent me home with the grout to do once everything dried, all for around $20. 

Before the grout:
And after the grout:


It may not be the best one I will do, but momma will like it, because mommas just have to like things their kids make!  I have looked up some patterns I'm going to try next. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing this too! Blogging is fun :) Great mosiac, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your piece of fantastic art and your new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete