Thursday, April 15, 2010

Camping - For REAL this time!

For my birthday in 08 Bo got me a tent!  We planned a camping trip to Hanging Rock, packed the cooler, headed that way.  On the way there Bo asked "did you get the tent" and I replyed.. Bo OF COURSE I got the tent - what kind of question is that?!

So we get to the campsite - start to unload the car and CANT FIND THE TENT!!  That's because it was by my front door - In my attempt to carry EVERYTHING out to the car in 1 trip I left the most important thing sitting by the front door.  Needless to say I have been the butt of all the camping jokes since.  We ended up hiking around for the afternoon and headed home... no roasting marshmallows over an open fire.


Fast forward to April 2010-  Let's try this camping thing again!  Same place- Steak in the cooler.... Marshmallows ready -


OUR TENT!!!  (And we set it up all by ourselves!)

We hiked the Hanging Rock trail - Which I highly recommend - about a 2.5 round trip hike - nice hills- moderate terrain - GREAT view at the top!

Then we hiked the lower cascades - VERY easy hike - and nice waterfall!



We got a nice fire going!

the FIRE!!  (I thought it was a cool picture)
                                     

1 comment:

  1. I love it! We have a tent that never made it out of the box too...SERIOUSLY we need to camp :)

    ReplyDelete