Thursday, April 22, 2010

You may not be committed to lung cancer, but are you committed to me?

Imagine not being able to breathe.  Imagine having 1 lung.... I couldn't imagine. I think a certain other organization said it best... when you can't breathe nothing else matters.  We need oxygen, our lungs are one of the most important organs in our body.  


I heard this amazing quote last night:
"If not me then who?  If not now then when?"  



The past 2 days I have participated in a forum about the Free to Breathe series - which is the largest branded lung cancer event in the nation.  Mostly they are walk/5Ks but we are also doing Yogathons, Golf Tournaments and perhaps a bike ride.  It has been so empowering to hear suggestions and how other people do it around the nation. Teams raising $10K, 15K WOW!   Their passion inspires me to think that my organization is REALLY making a difference for lung cancer awareness, education, outreach - and raising a significant amount of money for research.  Now I am a staff person of the NC Lung Cancer Partnership.  So this is my full time job.. but as you know(sorry for the tears ladies) this is more than a job and we can't do it alone.  


So I am asking you to be committed to me, even if you don't know much about lung cancer - you will learn, and I just may make you as committed to the cause as I am. I understand everyone has a cause they are passionate about and rightly so. -I appreciate all my donors and team members from last year's FTB Raleigh and Yogathon. You all ROCK!- but it's time to step it up a notch.    I am going to make it a personal goal to grow my team of MAYBE 6 people to 20+ people.  Mark your calendars -  November 6, 2010 - NCSU Centennial Campus.   Will you be on my team? (Team Name: Nothin' Fancy), Will you run, walk and show up? Will you each raise $20+? Donate to my team? (I'm demanding, I know, Bo tells me all the time! ;-)  ) !Sign up now!!  www.FreetoBreathe.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment