Wednesday, July 7, 2010

10 for $10 Challenge!






This year my goal is for my team to raise $1,500 for Lung Cancer Research through the Free to Breathe 5K, Run, Walk and Rally!  My goal for today is to get 10 friends to donate $10!  By the end of the day - $100 raised! Yipee!  Your donation is tax deductible and goes to a GREAT cause!  The North Carolina Lung Cancer Partnership is dedicated to decreasing deaths due to lung cancer and helping patients live longer and better through research awareness and advocacy.  Lung cancer is the #1 Cancer Killer yet receives the LEAST federal funding.  The stigma attached to this disease sucks - It is not just a smokers disease - and 60% of diagnosed cases either come from people who never smoked or quit DECADES ago!  beyond that -ALL cancer patients deserve love, compassion and research funding!  


Ladies - twice as many women die from lung cancer than breast cancer each year!  Where lung cancer has trended down in men it continues to rise in women!  (Why you might ask---I Don't Know! There isn't enough research because there isn't enough FUNDING!)  


So now that this post has gotten WAY too long - will you join me in donating $10 today to my team - Nothin' Fancy in Memory of my Daddy?


http://participate.freetobreathe.org/goto/HeatherGill


PS. If you want to participate I am still taking team members too!  November 6, 2010 at NCSU Centennial Campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment