Thursday, August 11, 2011

I.Hate.Lung.Cancer.

What a week this has been!  Busy to say the least.  On Monday I went to visit a good friend Renee, one of our organizations lung cancer survivors. I remember the first time I met her, barely any hair but her eyes and smile lit up the room. She always looked so good!  She became active with the NC Lung Cancer Partnership and a part of our close knit circle.  She walked in the Free to Breathe Raleigh and was a great inspiration. Unfortunately her cancer returned around Christmas but boy talk about a fighter. I have gone to see her regularly but I learned this morning she lost her battle with lung cancer last night. I am so glad I went on Monday. 
Renee with other Survivors leading the pack, she is the one with the red gloves. 





Unfortunately stories like this are far too common. My heart is heavy this morning but I am so glad to have had Renee in my life. She is a special lady.  Thank you Renee for touching my heart and being an inspiration.  You were a fighter and I appreciate your friendship. Love you! 
Tomma, Renee, Me and Amy with Santa Bob at Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment