Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Birthday!


Dad and I during his birthday one year at Durham Creek
Today should have been my Dad's 60th birthday! It should have been a time where he would have another 'mid life crisis' and perm his hair like he did when he turned 30, or buy a crazy sports car like he did in his late 40s.  It should have been a celebration where we made fun of him for getting old. Instead - I am raising money in his memory.  I reached my goal last week thanks to all of you and thanks to a very sweet donation from my brother's racing team (Glenwood Clinical Racing).  Together, our team has funded over a week of lung cancer research!   





As I think about reaching goals, it was never a question that my dad thought we could reach any goal we set out to achieve.  He always supported anything we did, now that didn't mean he didn't give his two cents worth but ultimately we always knew he had our back.  I am thankful my parents were always so supportive.  They worked hard to make sure we had the opportunities they never had.  So what do you do when you reach your goal?  Set a new one of course! We are at $1,125.. The new goal - $1,500! 


To donate or join my team please visit my team page: Nothin' Fancy 

Here is what your money goes toward:

$10- allows 5 lung cancer patients to receive our free education materials, giving them the information, inspiration and hope they need to fight this disease.


$50- keeps our website running for a month, enabling 10,000 patients, their families and healthcare providers to access important information.

$150-funds one day of critical lung cancer research to help all lung cancer patients live longer and better

$500 – allows 50 lung cancer patients to receive our free education materials, giving them the information, inspiration and hope they need to fight this disease. 

THANK you for your help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment